The Baltimore Development Corporation just released an RFP for a very large and exciting project In The Bromo.
And the history behind the Brager-Gutman Building is astounding. The properties are bounded by Lexington Street and Park Avenue.
Built in 1929, the Brager-Gutman Building was the first downtown store to feature escalators. First known just as Gutman’s, the store merged with Brager’s, located at Eutaw and Saratoga Streets, establishing the well-known Brager-Gutman’s.
The building was later bought by Epstein’s, a local discount store established in 1926. Epstein’s closed in 1991 and the property has remained vacant since that time.
This property could house a variety of uses and The Bromo Arts and Entertainment District is happy to talk with interested parties about possible gallery or performance space.